Friday, February 5, 2010

Thanks to GenMed

Firstly, thanks to the GenMed Show for having me on their second episode, “I’ve Got You Under My Skin”, which was recently posted. Secondly, my sincere apologies to the GenMed Show for my contribution to the night’s technical difficulties. A new headset mic and a little tweaking of my Skype settings and all is well now.

On the topic of microphones, if you’re going to buy a lower-end (under $100) mic, go with Plantronics. Plantronics makes communication equipment, as a trade. Other companies like Logitech make other things like keyboards and such, and just don’t make the same quality when it comes to audio equipment. Plantronics has made every mic and headset I’ve used in all five emergency dispatch facilities I’ve worked in, and I’ve had nothing but good luck.

The GenMed Show episode was a talk about body modification, as it relates to a medical workplace, especially an EMS workplace. They brought up concerns including health and safety risks, professionalism and appearance, developing patient relationships, and conflicts with management. Some excellent points were made by the hosts, and by a couple very thoughtful people in the business who left voicemails that were played on the show.

Despite the technical problems I think the show did great. Those guys and gals are obviously working hard at getting the show going, and doing a great job. I can’t wait to hear future episodes on equally interesting and controversial topics.

Check out the episode and those to come at http://www.genmedshow.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment